Annual Ucluelet Fishing Derby 2009 Regulations
Fishing guide Sam Vandervalk and the Barkley Adventure Station hosting the annual Ucluelet Salmon Fishing Derby. All proceeds are going to the Pacific Salmon Foundation. The support of this group will help ensure good fishing for years to come.
canada salmon fishing derby
The Derby is to take place August 22 – 24, 2009.
Tickets will be $10 per rod for the duration of the 3 days. Weigh in times will be 12 p.m to 8 p.m. each day.
For Any questions or comments please email us. The weigh in stations will be at the Barkley Adventure Station. Located at 200 Hemlock Street, also accessible by water at the Inner Boat Basin.
- All persons who wish to participate in the Derby must have a valid ticket, available at The Barkley Adventure Station,
- Eagle Marine, and Island West Resort.
- All Fishing is to be conducted in area 23, 123, and 124. Patrol Boats will be on the Fishing Grounds.
- All Fish must be Caught between 6:00 am and 8:00 pm on Saturday August 22 and Sunday Aug 23, and 6:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday August 24, and all fish must be weighed in on the day caught. All fish must be weighed in by precisely 7:00 Sunday August 24, 2009.
Each Derby ticket holder can weigh in a maximum of 2 fish, one salmon per day*** no exceptions***
- All contending fish must be weighed-in at the Barkley Adventure Station. Weigh-in deadlines are 8 P.M Saturday, 8 P.M Sunday, 7 pm Monday. Fishing shall begin at 6 A.M each day – no night fishing is allowed. Weigh in times are 12 pm until 8 pm Saturday, 12 pm until 8 pm Sunday and 12 pm until 7 pm Monday. Please remember to allow yourself enough time to get to the official weigh-in station BEFORE closing time. Salmon must be weighed-in on day caught. Each entrant must accompany their fish to the weigh-in station with derby ticket.
- Each entrant must use only one rod and reel for each registration form completed. DOWN RIGGERS WITH QUICK RELEASE MAY BE USED. HAND LINES AND WIRE LINE GURDIES MAY NOT BE USED.
- Fishing guides must not enter derby with clients on boat unless all clients had tickets
- Persons not registered in the derby may accompany entrant, BUT MUST NOT FISH.
- Only one prize will be awarded for each derby ticket. In the event of a tie the fish will be ranked number one or two in order or time weighed-in. Only one Major Prize will be awarded to a single derby participant.
- Prize contending fish in the derby are subject to testing and inspection by Federal Fisheries department officials.
- Official weigh-in personnel will determine weight to the nearest ounce.
- No eviscerated (gutted ) salmon will be eligible for entry. All salmon must be eviscerated or marked by weigh-in officials.
- To qualify, salmon must be caught and brought to the boat by the entrant, although he or she may receive help in netting or gaffing the catch.
- Entrants who bring a fish to the official weigh-in station must provide acceptable evidence of a legal catch acceptable to derby officials.
- Each entrant agrees to abide by these rules, accept prizes awarded and to accept all decisions and interpretation of these rules by derby officials. FAILURE TO OBSERVE ANY RULE WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF ALL ENTRANTS IN THE BOAT.
- Any fish in major prize winning category will be disqualified if found to be foul hooked. Official weigh-in personnel will have final decision.
- Major prize winning fish to be weighed in at the Barkley Adventure Station, “Official” weigh in station.
Spread the Word!